Friday, February 29, 2008

French February Holiday Continued

Like I promised in an earlier post I would take you on a walk along a beautiful river. There is a particularly beautiful stretch of the river Mayenne just south of the town with the same name. It is about a forty-minute drive from where we are, and we have been there quite a few times in the seven years we have had the house. Either end of this walk there is a very good restaurant, only to add to the possibilities of personal enjoyment and indulgence, dare I say. Remember this is in February, so you will understand how even more of a feast for the eye it is when fully dressed in green and other spectacular colours.

Press the button and enjoy this gentle walk along the river Mayenne, south of the town of Mayenne, in the department of Mayenne. (They like to keep it simple! ;-) ).




Click to play French River Walk
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow - it's easy!

2 comments:

Eric Valentine said...

That was so beautiful and so refreshing Swen, I enjoyed as if I was right there walking with you.

Thanks for sharing my friend. :)

swenglishexpat said...

I know you would have loved it in real life, Eric. It is a nice level path suitable for wheels of any kind, and with places to rest and enjoy just looking at nature and some other people, young and old, passing with happy faces. I'm glad you enjoyed it.