Monday, April 23, 2007

Double expat?

What is that, double expat? Well, I moved twenty years ago from Sweden to London, so that makes me an expat. Then my wife got a job in Germany so we moved here. But I have to confess, her job is with a British organisation, and we don’t live, strictly speaking, in the German community but in a strongly British-dominated set-up. Sounds a bit half-baked, doesn’t it? So, I should really not be “double” but “1.5” expat, but I round it off to 2, otherwise the whole idea kind of falls flat on its face.

So, what do I do then? Well, I am a part-timer and house husband, sounds very modern, don’t you think? We have reversed the traditional roles to a certain extent; more about that another time. I just thought I should clear up the whole “double issue”.

No comments: