Sunday, March 16, 2008

My 100th Post


I’ve been a good blog reader lately, but not a good blogger. It feels like ages since I posted anything. I have had ideas, but for various reasons I have not completed anything. Dithering is a word that comes to mind, indecision is another. Or is it simply signs of nerves, stage fright or plain cowardice, now that I am facing my 100th post?

I wanted to celebrate post #100 in style and got some inspiration from other blogs. There were a couple of memes that I spotted; I am still working on one of them but the other one, which seemed easy enough, disappointed me with its analysis of me. It was one of those “choose a picture that best represents your answer” to a number of questions. But as always it was too simplistic and decidedly quasi-psychoanalytical; just because I chose a picture of a beer glass I was deemed to be some bloke who loved to go out with a group of mates and down a few bevvies in a pub in order to get drunk; well more or less. Several other conclusions or interpretations were equally prejudiced.

I might still post the other meme. In the meantime this will have to do as my hundredth post. Dare I post my nr 101 later? You know room 101, the room in George Orwell’s novel “1984”, a torture chamber in the Ministry of Love where you had to face your worst nightmare, fear or phobia. Maybe this post really belongs in room/post 101?

11 comments:

Eric Valentine said...

I congratulate you Swen on your 100th post, you're always a good source of information and interest, I might add.

The choice of room 101 is a good one I feel. Orwell has always been one of my favorite books and movies my friend. I see Orwells 1984 coming true as each day passes..? :)

swenglishexpat said...

Thanks Eric, I'm glad you enjoy my blog, just I enjoy yours!

Lynda said...

Well we who blog love those who read.... good job with the lego and congratulations on the big 100.

Miss Kim said...

Congrats!!
I was trying to figure out the lego thing and I thought it said IOU... lol!

Keep it up!

swenglishexpat said...

Lynda - thanks for being a faithful reader!
Traveller One - Thanks, yes I think I OU and other readers a more substantial next post!

CanadianSwiss said...

Hey! Congratulations on the 100th post! I'm sure 101 will be a good one :)

Diane Mandy said...

I like it! Congrats on your 100th post.

swenglishexpat said...

CS and Diane - Thanks!

1st Lady said...

That would make for a very neat sign above your bathroom door.. oh wait, I read it wrong!

Congratulations on your 100th post!

swenglishexpat said...

1st Lady - Thank you, this is the second funny interpretation of the Lego "art work". I am amazed at all the lateral thinking. :-) But it's all child's play, click on the picture link and see where it takes you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and very nice job with the "basteln"