Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fairy Tale Goose

AA Pic of the Week 125 w

This week’s picture turned out to have something magical about it. Dusk was setting in and I also underexposed it somewhat. But the total effect was that parts of the bird were highlighted as was the water that its feet disturbed and set in motion.

One’s eyes are immediately drawn to the centre of the image, and with all the dark water and wall of trees in the background, I think it makes the scene look like a fairy tale illustration. Maybe I should write the book to go with it now?

Fairy Tale Goose 20x30 ab dm

BTW - Since I spend so much time and take such care to display some of my photos here, like this beautiful bird on the lake, I have started to embed info about copyright and ownership, and I also digitally mark the very best ones so they are traceable on the net. Would you like to use it as desktop background, please just ask me nicely in an email or comment and I might just send you a full-size copy.

2 comments:

oreneta said...

It does look like a fairy tale!

Have you looked into all the variations on creative commons licensing? May be worth the effort.

swenglishexpat said...

Oreneta - Thanks, I had a quick google and it looked quite interesting. must investigate properly later.