Wednesday, April 16, 2008

1st hit in Google search!

…and 2nd and 3rd and 7th and 8th etc. I wondered why I got so many hits from American teachers. It’s quite unbelievable really. It’s that girl Pippi Longstocking again!

I wrote about her not long ago and had some children’s drawings in a Smilebox together with a worksheet I had “made earlier”. I am a bit nerdy when it comes to statistics and like to see how people find my insignificant blog. Some are looking for info on the Rheinturm clock in Düsseldorf, others have found my angry “SAAB logo” (type in those words and you’ll find it on the first image page in Google), but Pippi is the clear favourite.

My top search hits on Pippi Longstocking

Pippi Longstocking comprehension – 1st in Google

Pippi Longstocking drawing - 2nd in Google

Pippi Longstocking comp questions - 3rd in Google

Pippi Longstocking comprehension quiz - 7th in Google

Pippi Longstocking comprehension questions - 7th in Google

Pippi Longstocking lesson plan – 7th in Google

Pippi Longstocking lesson plans – 8th in Google

All of these, and similar search words, find my blog quite easily. I have found that the books about Pippi are on recommended reading lists for elementary kids in the US, so that might explain the interest from what seems to be mainly young teachers. I assume they are young because they all spell her name using lower case letters. Young teachers these days, oh dear me! ;-) Or am I prejudiced?

3 comments:

swenglishexpat said...

And now I have improved my stats even more by writing this post. ;-)

1st Lady said...

Haha, I was just thinking that, you'll be moving close to #1 on all those search terms now. I do the same with Edinburgh Ice Cream vans. We have to find our niche on google! ;)

swenglishexpat said...

1st Lady - Maybe that's the way to get a lot of traffic?