Thursday, June 25, 2009

Spread Your Wings!

I am still learning about my new camera and how to work it in different ways. Since the garden is full of birds I take the opportunity to practise my skills on them.

You will have to excuse the fact that some of these pictures are slightly blurred and a bit grainy, but I wish to demonstrate the beauty of their feathers, the way they make such wonderful patterns. It is not difficult to imagine the movement that I froze in a fraction of a second. Had you not known they were Great Tits and Greenfinches, you could have mistaken them for much bigger birds. I think they are stunningly beautiful birds.

DSC_0272_20090624_3184 done cr

DSC_0198_20090624_3110 done cr

DSC_0112_20090624_3024 done cr

DSC_0191_20090624_3103 done cr

8 comments:

Veronica said...

These are great ... but I really like that fluffy little (brown) blackbird chick in the previous post!

swenglishexpat said...

Veronica - Thanks, the little brown blackbird looks like a cuddly toy!

Diane said...

How come when I'm learning to use my camera, you can't even tell what it is I'm photographing?!

OK. Yeah. Don't answer that.

These are wonderful!

Rositta said...

Wow, I want a camera like that, just once in my life I'd like one. Nice birdies...ciao

swenglishexpat said...

Diane - Thank you. Don't be so hard on yourself, you'll get there, just keep trying.
Rositta - I'm sure you can get a decent DSLR at a good price if you go looking on the net. Brings you a lot of joy! :-)

oreneta said...

Those are amazing pictures, that camera must be FAST! How many did you have to take to get them? Please don't say three or four, I mayhave to cry then.

Zuzana said...

Beautiful! I love that they are blurry as it demonstrates movement. Birds are such a joy to watch, you took some great shots indeed.;)

swenglishexpat said...

Oreneta - Thanks. Save your tears, I only kept 10% or so of the photos. That's the beauty of digital. I used the fastest shutter speed possible under the conditions, 1/1000 or 1/1250 secs. Then I cropped and enlarged, hence the slight blur in some of them.

Protege - Thank you. To use an old cliché, they are sheer poetry. I have become quite a fan I have noticed. ;-)