Thursday, May 17, 2007

Vista revisited

My computer is making fun of me! We all know how tricky it can be to transfer stuff from an old PC to a new one, but this takes the biscuit. After having sorted out nearly everything and got it working, the disc drives, which I used to install the new monitor and my Office Software, have stopped responding. They simply don't detect any discs. What do I do? I use the Device Manager to establish the status of the drivers and it tells me that they might be corrupted or something. So, I download the correct drivers from the net, try to install them, get a message like 'You are up the proverbial creek, mate!', and my patience is severely tested. I never dispair, I always walk away victorious in the end, but the end does not seem to be nigh! Like Amy Winehouse sings - 'No, no, no!' I might have to resort to reading a manual. No, I'm only joking. I couldn't possibly do that, could I?

No comments: