Thursday, March 01, 2007

Now then..


At last sitting down with a cup of tea and Amy Winehouse coming out of the PC speakers. Yes, I know she is not exactly a role model for budding singers but blimey can that woman sing! She seems to have a strong self-destructive streak the way she lives her life, but how can such a young artist first record "Frank", a jazzy masterpiece, and then several years later "Back to Black", a gem of soul and R&B? I only hope she manages to record a few more albums before she kills herself with 'pills 'n needles'! Oops, that was a bit crass, wasn't it?

Anyway, I have now developed (slightly pretentious) my blog further. It is the usual thing with computer software, you need to spend time to get to know it, as all bloggers know all too well I guess. Since I have so many national loyalties I thought it would be a good idea with some flags to liven it up a little. Maybe they will feel like a nuisance later on, but they fly only softly and gently, so maybe not. Then there is the issue of Links; I could initially only think of two obvious ones since I quite like football. Oh, by the way, the rainbow is from the French countryside, as are the two previous, rural photos.

Oh, one more thing, I am now listening to a singer from Cape Verde whom I stumbled upon on the iTunes website. She is called Mayra Andrade, sings in Portuguese, wonderful music which is a mix of African, Brazilian, Portuguese..... music, relaxed, fascinating and sensual. I do not understand much of the lyrics but I just listen to the sounds of the language, her voice and the music itself. Truly caressing sound waves!

No comments: